Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hives - Day 2 Part 1

This is my second day with hives and they're miserable! I've been able to reduce the outbreaks with two Benedryl every four hours. I had an apple for breakfast again and skipped lunch. I wasn't hungry at all. My stomach wasn't even growling. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the Zantac I took the day before but I'm not sure.

I had an offsite meeting that wrapped up at about 6:30 p.m. I got in my car and it was dead so I had someone from the firm drive me to a coffee shop up the street and called my wife to come and pick me up.

I felt obligated to purchase something from the coffee shop so I picked up a slice of banana bread with chocolate chips. I finished the slice just as my wife pulled into the parking lot. As we neared home, I had a warm, flush feeling come over my face and my arms. When I got home--which was about 20 minutes after I ate the banana break--my face was covered in hives. I'm convinced now more than ever that food is my trigger. The rest of my body followed. I developed 7-8 inch wheals over my stomach and splotches everywhere else. My thighs were almost completed covered. Ten minutes later, I started to feel wheezy and I felt that my airway was becoming restricted. I hopped in the car and jetted up to the hospital again. The wife stayed home to take care of the kids.

No comments: