Monday, July 20, 2009

Family History Library a Bust!

Today at lunch, I hopped on a free-zone train and road it up to Temple Square to visit the Family History Library.



I was pretty excited to dig around and see what I could find with my bio-mother's birthday in hand. I walked in and spoke with the first available clerk. I explained what I was trying to do and was kindly told that they specialize in dead people. I was also told that my search was technically illegal. I was given a website to try but I had of course already been there and came up empty handed. My next stop is going to be Library Square. From what I understand, they're connected to a national newspaper archive system.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

well if you did get to search - - - ? does that mean she is not dead??

jacemace said...

After thinking about it, I think I'm going to try again. This time around, I might fib a little bit.